SPACe (2nd floor of the West Tower in Global Square
Overview video: (link)
|Centre || Open|
|English Consultation Room ||11:45 - 18:00|
|Chit Chat Club (C3) ||10:45 - 18:05|
|English Forum ||13:30 - 18:00|
|Global Village ||16:35 - 18:05|
|Speaking Test Preparation Center ||10:45 - 16:40|
Sessions with instructors you need to book
Chit Chat Club (CCC) and English Forum (EF)
- EF (TOEIC 400+) 60 mins
- CCC (TOEIC < 395) 45 mins
- Only 1 signature per day.No stamp/signature = no points
Chit Chat Club explanation: (link)
Chit Chat Club rules: (link)
English Forum explanation: (link)
English Forum rules: (link)
Speaking Test Preparation Centre
- TOEFL iBT independent/integrated speaking
- IELTS speaking
- 5-7pm 20 minute one-on-one session.
- Prepare some questions!
- Take pen, paper and a USB stick
- Video introduction: (link)
Writing Center (WC)
- 30 minute session. You can ask about planning or writing.
- Prepare some questions. Take a draft or an outline
- Take a PRINTED essay or outline. The WC has no computers
- Show them the page from this website I sent you, so they know what you are trying to do.
- Video explanation: (link)
- Video rules: (link)
English Consultation Room (ECR)
- Advice on self-study
- Ask them "How can I improve my Listening/Writing/TOEFL/etc?"
Global Village (GV)
- Russian, French, Chinese, German, Hindi
- Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish, Italian
Tips for completing required CCC/EF/WC visits
Do not wait until the last month!
- BONUS POINT IF YOU GO FOR YOUR FIRST VISIT CCC/EF IN APRIL!
- Say "Malc can I have a bonus point" and show me your sheet
- I will give you up to 5 bonus points (one per visit) for non-required visits
Reservations are necessary
- CCC, EF, iBT, ECR and WC need reservations
- Reserve two weeks ahead on PLAS, under under "WLC service": (link)
- Cancel at least 3 days in advance
- Instructions on the back of the log sheets
- How to make Reservations: (link)
Take care of your stamp sheet (CCC/EF/WC/GV)
- I will give you sheets for CCC/EF/WC/GV. iBT sheets are available in iBT room.
- If you lose it, you have no proof of attendance. You will have to start again
- Take a photo of it on your phone every time you go so you have proof
- If you lose it without a photo, you will need to start again.
- Stamp sheets are available for CCC/EF, WC, iBT, and Global Village
- Check your syllabus - you might be REQUIRED to attend.
I do not accept "Replacement Slips"
Get them put on your main sheet
- Separate from class OK points
- I DO NOT give OK stamps for VIP card visits
- Video explanation: (link)
- AV Library - Borrow/watch a DVD, an exam study guide, a magazine/newspaper/book, an audiobook
- CALL rooms - Try "Soft Recorder" (TOEIC/TOEFL)
- Central Library - Borrow graded readers, CDs, guides, etc
Computer rooms (everywhere)
- Word, Powerpoint, Firefox, Audacity, iTunes, タイピングソフト
- Try ALC (TOEIC practice)