For this report, we will read an easy book. We will practice:
- Choosing a graded reader
- Reading for meaning without using a dictionary
- Taking notes
- Discussing what you have read
- Typed RR only, not learning log:
- APA citation
- formatting written work
- Writing good discussion questions
1) Get a book
Read the first page. It should be easy
- Non-fiction is best for RR outline. Fiction is OK for logs.
- You can borrow books from the library(1F, far right wall).
- You can read books in Space, but not borrow them.
- If you are not on campus, try ER Central: (link)
- you should know 98% of the words without a dictionary
- if you don't, go down a level.
2) Read it
- You only need to read for 30 minutes.
- You can do your RR or log even if you aven't finished the book.
- Do try to finish the book later though
3) Doing an RR outline? Follow the general instructions
Finished your RR outline? Remember!
- Reading improves your English, including TOEIC score: (link)
- You can get up to 5 participation points for extra reading and listening.
- Check your syllabus for details
- You do not need to write a full RR outline to get participation points.
- Just log input instead.